Go cabinless?

Home Forums Viewpoints Go cabinless?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    John Holley
    Keymaster

After Alex bought the property in 1977 it made sense to rehabilitate all the historic buildings in order to use them again. The guest cabins had so much charm. Now that they are gone it would be good to consider not only how they should be rebuilt but also if they should be rebuilt. New ones will have a very different character than the old ones.

Cabins take a lot of maintenance especially in the winter and cleaning year round. Also they would be vulnerable to fire again. It would interesting if Breitenbush considered a minimalistic business plan without guest cabins for the sake of needing a smaller staff, less maintenance and less environmental impact.

If it was set up to be only tent, van, trailer and RV camping, operations would be much easier and cheaper. The cost of staying there could also be less for more guests.

Erde Sun
    Participant

I like the plan/intention to create geo-heated platforms on which to place tents.  Also, for the first year at least, there’s a plan to close for the winter.  I like John’s question, that perhaps cabins shouldn’t be rebuilt, but I don’t know how the business can stay open in the winter without some kind of cabin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.